News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Pain in outter thigh that comes and goes

KyoChan - Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi,
I have a pain in my outer thigh, on my left leg. If you were to put both hands, fingertip to palm, starting at the knee, it would be about where the second palm is. Since last night is has been an off and on pain. Like if some one was poking you really hard. It's not swollen, not discolored, and you can't feel any definite lumps, but it does hurt when you touch it. Also seems to hurt if I sit a certain way, or if my 13lb daughter sits on my lap a specific way. If it is during a time when the pain is there, tensing my thigh seems to not help, but it does not hurt if I flex my foot. I am worried about a blood clot, and my grandfather died from pulmonary embolism. Being a hypochondriac with anxiety (A few might laugh at that, but it really is debilitating) does not make me feel any better. What do you think? Could it be a blood clot, or maybe just a pinched nerve?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:27 pm

User avatar Hello,
Is it possible you have bruised it, even though there is no visible mark? My first thought would not be blood clot which usually presents with redness, swelling, pain and warmth. You could have something like fibromyalgia where your muscles are sore for no apparent reason.

If it continues, any chronic pain should be checked out by a doctor.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here