Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Low white blood count, high lymphs

Nickyskis - Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 pm

I am a 28 year old healthy female, went to dr for annual blood work and the results were:
WBC. 3.5 (4.0-10.5)
Neutrophils 31. (40-74)
Lymphs. 53. (14-46)
Neutrphils Absolute 1.1 (1.8-7.8)

The rest of the results were normal, took the test 3 times in the past month with similar results. The dr thinks it is a vitamin b12 deficiency and has me taking vitamins for the next 4 weeks and then redo the test.

I am worried I may have something wrong with me that is more serious than a b12 problem. Could b-12 really be the cause?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:45 am

From the laboratory results provided, it is not possible to derive any meaningful conclusions. You need to include more information on all the relevant laboratory tests including the complete blood count (please do not forget to include the normal ranges for the tests).