News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Elvated WBC - LYMPH MONO

orly8787 - Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Hello.
I took a blood test few days before and they found the following:

WHITE BLOOD CELLS - 12.8 (4.0-11.0)
LYMPH 4.5 (1.0-3.5)
MONO 1.1 (0.2-1.0)

also was found high ALT AND TSH (thyroid) the doctor gave me synthroid.

the white blood cells appeared high in 3 different blood test taken in a range of 1 year what could cause this?

also, needed to mention that i am not suffering from any diseases other than tiredness not any other symptoms accrued.

Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:37 am

User avatar Hello,It is quite possible to have an increased count marginally as in your case, without any disease.Transient increase can occur as a diurnal variation in physiological limits.Also some variation exists between labs in interpreting normal values.
Autoimmune disorders can present with lymphocytosis and so does tuberculosis,more commonly in developing countries.
In your case it might represent a mild viral infection and nothing more.Do discuss with your doctor as to whether you may need a repeat test.
Best wishes.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:32 am

User avatar Hi,
Dr.Jagesh has already touched upon the relevant aspects of an absolute lymphocytosis. Obviously, it is not possible to cover all the details in a forum like this. I refer you to the following link where i had discussed a somewhat similar query regarding absolute lymphocytosis.It may be of help.
(viewtopic.php?f=62&t=47530&hilit=+absolute+lymphocyte+count)
Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here