News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: platlets function defect

waheed 123 - Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:29 am

hi all
i m new member
i have aproblem of platelte function defect since barth. my initial and later test show glazman,s thrombosthenia
i m now 21 yr . i m ok but at night there is a problem of bleed from teeth . if any one has an easy and good solution please reply .with complete detils
thanks for this beautiful forum
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:40 am

User avatar Hello,Glanzmann thrombasthenia is also known as weak platelet disease.Platelets are small cells which help to control bleeding.In this rare condition affecting iraqi,and arab descent population, leads individual platelets unable to aggregate plug a bleeding area even though they may be present in adequate numbers.Minor injuries can lead to bleeding like of gums,nose and in females, during menstruation excessive bleeding.
Platelets transfusions help but then slowly even these cells develop resistence and become weak.Administration of recombinat factor viia is a newer therapeutic option.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here