Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: blood streaks through mouth

vidhyu - Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 am

hi...
iam suffering from these blood streaks in the sputum its a pure blood with out saliva and it is dark red in colour in consulted many doctors and i had done many tests like endoscopy, bronchoscopy,and all type of blood tests, and ultra sound scanning and x RAY too all of them are normal and iam suffering this problem from 5 years and i had pain in top right side portion (may be liver portion) this from 2years many of the specialists like gasteroenterologist,cardiology,and chest specialists i have
consulted and they tested every thing is normal but this blood strains are frequently coming to me daily minimum of 2-3 times and weight gain and weight loss frequently
to me and severe hair fall it is totally thinning of hair and appearence of scalp and i changed to slightly black actually iam very fair ...........this is my problem briefly please suggest some suggestions ....................
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:55 pm

User avatar Hello Vidhhu,From your name and profession as an aurvedic I guess you are from India.Geographical locations do help a lot for diagnosis in clinical practice.Hemoptysis is the condition in which such bleeds occur.While in your case most causes are ruled out including lung,heart, Gastrointestinal conditions etc. The hair fall,and possible iron deficiency anemia makes me think of hook- worm disease which is easily missed minus a simple stool test in the array of sophisticated investigations.The larvae of the hookworm in the course of travel to parts of body like lungs can induce hemoptysis and can go unrecognized as a cause of bleeding.
Do get your stool,CBC done for sure.

|