Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: low platelete disease

waheed 123 - Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 am

thanks for reply sir
in previous post about the topic ,sir Dr.M.jagesh kamath says that recombinat factor viia is new treatment please clear me about this sir .also when i use some antibiotic the gum bleeding stops for 3 _4 days please if any good medicline is avialable kindly tell how to stop the gum bleed in glazman,s throbasthenia.
my second question is that ,if i marry whether my childerns will be affected by this disease or not beacuse i has this problem from barth and no one is affected expect me in my family.my age is 21 years now .
please reply both question clearly
thanks for this beautiful forum
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:38 am

User avatar Hello,The Recombinant Factor VIIa is used in glanzmann thrombopathy to control bleeding during surgical procedures as an alternative to platelet transfusions.
Next to the important question about your marriage.The condition you have inherited is autosomal recessive.That means that the children could inherit the disease only if the partner also carries the gene.This can happen more in close relation marriages.For example your mother and father have carried the genes with out disease.Now hypothetically,in 4 children,one child would normal,two would be carriers,one child carrying both abnormal genes, at risk of disease.The two otherwise normal would be carriers.
In a nut shell two abnormal genes must be present to risk development of disease in an Autosomal recessive condition.You must get genetic counselling to make sure you have no problems.PCR Analysis is used to detect carriers and also in antenatal diagnosis.

|