Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: sickle Cell,Osteoporsis, Bone degeneration

BHNS - Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:31 pm

I was dignopsed with Sickle Cell Anemia and osteoporisis. I have had several attacks in th epast and now my Hip which I had replaced is failing me. it is the longer bone in the thigh that is deterorating.

What options is there to having my hip operated on, with sicle Cell my blood is not good enough to survive a surgery, I am currently on Hydroxurea and Deproprovera shots for the Sicle Cell.

I have had a steel hip since I was 18 I am now 49 my blood count is 8 so an operation is out fo the question according to the docters around here. Is there anyone that could give me some insight and idea to consult my physician about ?

-BHNS
 BHNS - Sun May 08, 2005 6:25 pm

Anyone ?...

|