Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Aspartame and its Side Effects

stumpedNSJ - Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:26 pm

I was wondering if anyone has any info or experiences regarding the effects of Aspartame (Nutrasweet) on the body. I have read that it can mimic or even cause other diseases such as Lupus, Lymphoma or Leukemia.

Is there any truth to these statements or is it a myth. Hypothetically, is it possible for Aspartame to cause irregularities on certain tests?

Thank you in advance,
StumpedNSJ
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:40 pm

User avatar Aspartame has been determined safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and other scientific and regulatory authorities worldwide and is one of the most thoroughly studied food ingredients, with more than 200 scientific studies confirming its safety.

http://www.aspartame.org/
This is the site I got my information, if you want to read all the studies they have done.
 stumpedNSJ - Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:53 pm

Thanks for the reply,

My family is convinced that my Neutropenia and diahrrea are somehow related to my consumption of diet soda.

|