News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Unexplained symptoms finally diagnosed.

taldrich - Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:09 pm

After approimately 6 years of chronic fatigue, infections, viruses, and uneplained medical problems I finally got an answer. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome. Besides the obvious symptoms my white blood cell count has steadily been above 15. Which explains a lot of my problems. I wanted to know if anyone else has been diagnosed with this and what treatment they decided on. I go to the doctor on Nov 8 to decide treatment. He wants to put me on an anti-depressant, so I can sleep better, have more energy, and less mood swings. This will obviously not help with the chronic infections and WBC count but it will help eliminate some of the problems. If anyone has anything to say about this topic and/or treatment please post a reply. All comments are appreciated. Thanks.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:28 pm

User avatar Dear taldrich,

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CFS symptoms include:

-Fatigue and weakness for more than a day after exertion and interferes with daily and social activity.
-Headache a landmark of this syndrome
-Tender lymph nodes mainly in the neck or the axillary nodes
-Muscle and joint aches
-Impairment of short-term memory or concentration
- The feeling of being nrefreshed after sleeping
-Poor temperature control either feeling so cold or hot like having fever and sweat.
-Disturbances in the autonomic nervous system

Chronic fatigue that does not show at least four of these criteria is known as “idiopathic fatigue.”

Exclusion of hypothyroidism, cancer, multiple sclerosis, and major depressive disorders is essential for the diagnosis.

I hope these informations are helpful.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here