(HealthDay News) -- Hyperhidrosis is the medical term for excessive sweating.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests these possible treatment options:
- Prescription or over-the-counter antiperspirants.
- Immersing hands and feet into cool water and adding a special medical device that delivers very low-voltage electrical current (iontophoresis).
- Injection of diluted botulinum toxin type A at appropriate spots on the body.
- Oral medication to help suppress overactive sweat glands.
- A surgical treatment that interrupts the nervous system's interaction with the sweat glands (sympathectomy).
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Organ-Rejection Drug Linked to Higher Cancer Risk After Liver Transplant||Next: Health Tip: Choosing Athletic Shoes|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.
Submit your opinion:
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community