Health Tip: Feel Better Despite FibromyalgiaLast Updated: November 26, 2010.
(HealthDay News) -- Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes chronic pain all over the body, often at extra-sensitive "tender points."
Womenshealth.gov offers these suggestions to help you cope with fibromyalgia:
- Try to get between seven and eight hours of good, restful sleep each night.
- Exercise regularly. Walking and other non-strenuous activities are a good way to begin.
- Adjust your hours at work if your schedule is too demanding.
- Get a chair that's comfortable at work, and talk to your boss about avoiding activities -- including lifting -- that are too challenging.
- Eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet.
|Previous: Mammals Grew Big After Dinosaurs Died Off: Analysis||Next: Health Tip: Dealing With a Sports Hernia|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.