Health Tip: Watch Your Diet if You Have an UlcerLast Updated: February 28, 2011.
(HealthDay News) -- Watching your diet can help manage a peptic ulcer, simply by avoiding irritants and eating the foods that can help promote healing.
The ADAM Encyclopedia suggests these dietary practices:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink only moderate amounts of milk, and include yogurt in your diet.
- Limit coffee to a maximum of three cups per day.
- Avoid large amounts of garlic, peppers or spices if they irritate your stomach.
- Consume olive oil, which may be effective in combating many strains of H. pylori bacteria, which have been shown to be a major cause of peptic ulcers.