(HealthDay News) -- Caring for someone else during a serious illness can take a lot out of you. The American Academy of Family Physicians says it's important to take care of yourself as you care for someone else.
The academy offers these suggestions:
- Get regular checkups with your own doctor.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet.
- Find time for plenty of sleep.
- Schedule time for 30 minutes to 60 minutes of exercise at least four days per week.
- Help manage stress with techniques such as meditation or deep breathing exercises.
- Take some time for yourself every once in a while.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: More People May Benefit From Going Gluten-Free||Next: Health Tip: Evaluate Your Eating Habits|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.
Submit your opinion:
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community