(HealthDay News) -- Menopause is a behavioral roller coaster for some women, who experience a host of emotions including mood swings, fear, depression and irritability.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to ease moodiness associated with menopause:
- Make sure you get enough sleep each night, and stick to a regular sleep and wake schedule.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes almost every day of the week.
- Limit how many activities you take on.
- Find ways to help manage stress.
- Seek support from friends, a peer group or get counseling.
- Talk to your doctor about medications and therapy options to help you manage menopause symptoms.
- Relax by reading a book, or treat yourself to some quiet time.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Gene Variant Associated With Asthma Risk in Blacks||Next: Health Tip: Dine Out the Healthy Way|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.
Submit your opinion:
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community