Health Tip: Keeping a Food DiaryLast Updated: September 21, 2011.
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping a food diary can help you stick to a healthy diet, develop healthy eating habits and monitor caloric intake, which are important in maintaining a healthy weight.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these tips on what to record in your food diary:
- Exactly what foods you ate -- don't forget to include any condiments, sauces or other extras.
- The amount of food that you ate, in either size or volume.
- What time of day that you ate, and where you were when you ate.
- What you were doing when you ate, and how you felt when you were eating.
- Whether you were alone or with someone else.
|Previous: Health Tip: Ease In-Flight Ear Pain||Next: Anti-Wrinkle Gel Might Work Like Botox Without Needles|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.