(HealthDay News) -- It's important to start potty training at the right time -- not before your child is ready.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says these signs indicate your child is ready for potty training, if he or she:
- Indicates a dirty diaper.
- Shows an interest in using the potty.
- Understands and follows simple instructions.
- Is uncomfortable in a dirty diaper.
- Can go at least two hours during the day with a dry diaper.
- Wakes from a nap with a dry diaper.
- Can pull pants up and down.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Health Tip: When Aggressive Behavior Signals a Problem||Next: Chronic Heartburn a Growing Problem in U.S.|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.