Health Tip: Create the Right Environment for SleepLast Updated: January 26, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to create the right environment to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these guidelines:
- Keep your room quiet or use earplugs or a white noise machine.
- Keep your room at the right temperature -- not too hot and on the cooler side.
- Make sure the room is dark.
- Allow plenty of room in your bed to stretch out and get comfortable. Choose a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Address issues that affect your sleep, such as snoring or television watching, with your partner.