(HealthDay News) -- If your kids are easily bored with the lunches you pack for school, try adding a little pizzazz (and nutrition) to the boring brown bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to make packed lunches more exciting for your kids:
- Have a meeting when you plan out the week's lunches together.
- Include special treats to celebrate special days; for example, pack red foods for Valentine's Day.
- Pack new foods that your kids seem interested in.
- Pack extras to share with friends, which could encourage a picky eater.
- Buy some fun storage gear that will keep foods insulated.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Health Tip: Practice Window Safety||Next: Many U.S. Teens Hit the Road Without Driver's Ed: Survey|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.
Submit your opinion:
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community