(HealthDay News) -- Eating the right balance of nutritious foods can improve athletic performance, whether you're an elite athlete or just enjoy sports and exercise on a regular basis.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these benefits of a healthy diet for athletes:
- Improved cardiovascular health, including better blood flow, delivery of oxygen and blood pressure.
- Improved respiratory function.
- A stronger immune system.
- Stronger bones and muscles.
- Improved metabolism to keep your body burning calories.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Spring Break Safety Tips to Keep Vacation Fun||Next: Health Tip: Caring for Baby After Circumcision|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.
Submit your opinion:
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community