(HealthDay News) -- Canker sores are ulcers that form inside the mouth that can make eating and drinking painful.
The American Dental Association suggests how to help heal a canker sore:
- Apply an over-the-counter topical anesthetic to numb the sore.
- Use an antimicrobial mouth rinse.
- Avoid foods that may irritate the sore, especially anything spicy, hot or acidic.
- See your dentist if the sore doesn't heal without treatment after two weeks.
- Use an antibiotic and/or bandage as recommended by your dentist, to help reduce the risk of infection.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Health Tip: Manage Memory Loss||Next: Ban Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacements, U.K. Researchers Assert|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.