Health Tip: Bringing Home a Premature BabyLast Updated: March 15, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- Caring for a premature baby, born before 37 weeks' gestation, requires extra care and attention.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says new parents of preemies should ask these questions before leaving the hospital:
- What special care will I need to give baby at home?
- What should trigger a call to the doctor's office, or a trip to the hospital?
- How will I know if baby is eating and sleeping enough, and gaining enough weight?
- Do I need to give baby any medication?
- How frequently will I need to bring baby in for a checkup?
|Previous: First Generic Lexapro Approved||Next: Health Tip: Keep Crohn's Under Control|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.