(HealthDay News) -- Taking a few extra minutes to warm up before your workout can offer many health benefits.
The American Council on Exercise mentions these examples:
- Increased core body temperature, which leads to more efficient calorie burning.
- Muscles are able to contract more quickly and forcefully.
- More oxygen is sent to the working muscles due to increased metabolic rate.
- Better elasticity in the muscles, which reduces the risk of injury.
- Improved muscle control and range of motion in the joints.
- More comfortable, longer workouts and improved psychological preparedness to exercise.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Health Tip: Take Care of Yourself, Too||Next: Eating Disorders Hitting Women Over 50, Study Finds|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.