Health Tip: Help Kids Have an Active SummerLast Updated: July 09, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- It's summertime, and the living is easy for kids out of school. But parents should help their children stay active while the weather is hot.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how kids can enjoy a healthy summer vacation:
- Encourage kids to visit with friends in person, instead of chatting with them on the phone.
- Shut down the computer and video games, and have the kids go outside for a game of tennis, a hike or rollerblading.
- Enroll the kids in a community sports league or sign them up to run or walk in a 5k.
- Volunteer the kids for a summer camp, clean-up effort, community garden or project to build homes.
- Have the kids babysit and take their charges for bike rides or to the park.
|Previous: Health Tip: Going Scuba Diving?||Next: Health Highlights: July 9, 2012|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.