(HealthDay News) -- The weight-loss battle isn't over once you lose the extra pounds. The challenge becomes keeping it off.
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions to help you maintain a healthy body weight:
- Weigh yourself weekly, so weight gain doesn't creep up on you. Also measure your waistline.
- Incorporate physical activity into your day as much as possible.
- Keep healthy foods at home at eye level. Avoid being tempted by junk food.
- Practice healthy stress management techniques, such as progressive relaxation.
- Engage a buddy in your fitness program, making exercise a social affair.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
|Previous: Sugary Sports Drinks Plentiful at U.S. Schools: Study||Next: Health Tip: Help Prevent Baby Bottle Tooth Decay|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.