Health Tip: Before You See a PodiatristLast Updated: January 08, 2013.
(HealthDay News) -- If you've scheduled your first visit with a podiatrist, or foot doctor, plan ahead to get the most out of your appointment.
The American Podiatric Medical Association lists these guidelines to help prepare for a podiatrist visit:
- Make a list of your questions, any symptoms, current medications and prior surgeries.
- Compile all of your relevant lab test results and medical records from other doctors and take them with you.
- Check with your insurance company to see what is needed, and let the podiatrist's office know if you have any special needs.
- Ask a loved one to go with you.
- If you have a problem walking or exercising, take your workout shoes with you.
|Previous: Health Tip: Don't Neglect Warning Signs of Lung Disease||Next: Popularity of 'Walk-In' Retail Health Clinics Growing: Poll|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.