Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Kidney Stones?Last Updated: July 23, 2015.
(HealthDay News) -- Kidney stones are deposits, most often made of calcium, that form in the kidneys and can be very painful to pass.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says risk factors include:
- Drinking too little water.
- Having family members who have had kidney stones.
- Eating a low-fiber, high-salt and high-protein diet.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Taking certain medications.
- Being male.
- Being aged 20 to 70.
|Previous: Health Tip: Get More Nutrients||Next: Health Highlights: July 23, 2015|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.