News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Please Help!! Iv Lost Hope, Waiting 4 Months for an answer!

Cheche - Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:35 am

Please Can you help. I have this for 4 months, red marks underneath the head of my penis circulating around, My urethra line is inflamed with the redness but only half way, where I was circumzised. But when its normal not streched out, its very wrinkly. Keep in mind, I havent had sex yet nor oral sex. I checked with my doctor, when it was inflamed he thought it was HSV so I got it tested came back negetive. When it was healed but the marks where still there. Then thought it was a fungal Infection.. so I used canesten on it, for 4 weeks. no change. any ideas? it doesnt burn when I pee.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:56 pm

A good history and physical examination are desirable when evaluating skin lesions.

According to your post, the area affected is no longer inflamed but you are bothered by a persistent discoloration which is giving no symptoms such as itching or pain. Would you describe the stain as brownish rather than reddish? Did the onset of this problem start after the ingestion of certain medications?

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 Cheche - Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:57 pm

The Urethra Line Is Still Inflamed, but only half way where i was circumsized. The Lesions are pink, and do no go away, they often peel skin and are very moist underneath, The Treatment For the fungal infection isnt working, so is there any other non infective diseases that are caused like this? not having sex? Im 18 Years old.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:50 pm

Abstinence does not cause genital lesions; in fact, it is the only way to avoid sexually transmitted diseases. Moist, reddened, peeling skin on the genitalia suggests some sort of genital ulceration that cannot be diagnosed on the net.

There are infective and non-infective causes of genital ulceration. Since you have not had any sexual exposure, your genital ulceration must be due to a non-infective cause. Non-infective causes of genital ulceration include trauma, Behcet's disease, Stevens-Johnson syndrome and carcinoma. This post may be helpful: http://www.doctorslounge.com/forums/vie ... highlight=

Get examined by a dermatologist for diagnosis and management.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary medicine

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here