News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: H Pylori Questions

kabeebabee - Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:03 pm

A few months ago i was having problems with bowel movements, and i had very serious pain and pressure under my ribs, it got to where i went to the ER one night, they didnt know what it was told me to see my doc the next day. I went to my doc and told him what was going on and he immediately said H Pylori and tested me for it and that was it. I was on 2000 mg a day of amoxicillan and 2000 a day of Ethry something, i don't remember. But, before the H Pylori i was diagnosed with irritable bowl, i had constant diarhea, when i ate it came right back out with 10-20 mins. I havent had this problem since the H pylori. I do still have the stomach pain every now and then and the black coffee ground looking stool occasionally. The doctor initially told me that they would retest in 6 months. Could i still have the bacteria and that is what is still causing the stool to look like that and messing with my bowel movements? Is it normal to wait 6 months to retest? Hope to hear from someone. Thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:56 pm

User avatar Hi kabeebabee,
If you are having bowel movements that appear like coffee grounds contact your physician for an evaluation. The appearance may indicate possible blood from the upper section of the digestive tract and should certainly be tested.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 BUSCHCLUB - Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:04 pm

Hello with these symptoms you need a gi doc and possible egd to find the source of the bleed or befor egd maybe bariem drink i have many ulcers currently and have had simular symptoms i think your doctor was right in his plan but you still have problems so futher testing maybe needed

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here