News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: embarrased...help!

cbgav - Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:08 pm

I think I might have a yeast infection. I'm not sure though, so I thought I could describe the symptoms to the people here. I am 16, male, and un-circumsized. I have never had sex before. My mother always told me to wash down there, especially because i wasnt circumsized, but knowing kids, they sometimes don't listen, and I basically chose to ignore my mother sometimes. :roll:

I'm pretty sure you can get a yeast infection simply by not washing, so here are my symptoms.

- Head slightly hurts when I touch it
- a little red on the head of the penis
- alot of small white bumps on the base (sorta under the head)
- smells sometimes, even after I wash

I feel really embarrased, all I had to do is wash! I'm even more embarrassed about telling my mom. I wash it everyday now, but I know this thing will never go away. Any advice? Home remedies? Or am I doomed to tell my mother?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, but any help would be appreciated. I've definitely learned my lesson, that's for sure.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:10 pm

User avatar Hi!

Have you tried antibiotic/antifungal ointments?

bill
 cbgav - Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm

thanks for the reply bill!

But do not worry, I saw a doctor! Turns out those little white bumps are normal in most teens, and the smell can be a hassle for uncircumsized males, but he said just to rinse with water everyday, and you'll be fine!

:D
 Dr. Russell M - Mon May 03, 2004 6:59 am

User avatar Hi!

Good for you! I reiterate the importance of visiting your doctor before seeking online advice. Did your doc say as to what these bumps are called that are normally seen in teens uncircumcized?

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here