Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: problem with the genitals

ther0ck - Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:26 am

I am a 16 year old male, my medical past is good don't get sick very often and have never had surgery. Since around the age of 14 I have had some bumps on my penis and testes. They are not on the head of my penis and not many on my shaft. The bumps are small, circular, none exceed 2 mm in diameter, they are a shin tone but some of the biggest have some white, they do not eject puss as far as I know, and they are more evident on the lower part of my shaft with an erection. I have heard many STD's come and go but these bumps have been constant. They do not irritate me during the day but some mornings my scrodum itches. I have been worrying since i was 14 that i got an STD from a friends sheets or towels. I hope that I have giving enough information so I can find out whats going on.
 ther0ck - Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:27 pm

I also thought it would be helpful to know that I did have oral sex once and people told me I couldn't get a STD. I just want to know if there is a chance this is not a disease, if there is a chance it is cureable, and what I should do. I have wanted to go to a doctor badly for a really long time for this but I am scared that I will have an STD from that incident. I also heard the doctors have to tell the parents do to HIPAA or something. I am just scared and need some advice.
 WorriedCollegeStudent - Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:02 am

I'm a 20 y/o male with a very similar situation, could not have described better...also looking for some tips...as it looks like this ***** is increasing
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:40 pm

It is difficult to suggest a diagnosis without physical examination.

If both of you can post close-up views of the lesions on your genitalia, we may be able to offer an opinion.

For your information, you can contract sexually transmitted diseases from unprotected oral sex, so discard the information given to you that it cannot happen. The only way to avoid STDs is by abstinence.

Your doctor will offer reassurance and confidentiality whatever is the diagnosis, so do not be scared to show these lesions to him.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 ther0ck - Mon May 08, 2006 7:42 pm

So if I go to the doctor he could diagnose and treat me with antibiotics without telling my family because keep in mind I am 16. and i thought it was a law for them to share your medical information with your parents if your a minor.
 WorriedCollegeStudent - Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:15 pm

Here you go.. They are small similar bumps (like pimples almost) around base of shaft, on underside they are much more prevalent these two are on the top side

Image
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:53 pm

This is in response to your post, therOck, which is reprinted below:

"So if I go to the doctor he could diagnose and treat me with Antibiotics without telling my family because keep in mind I am 16. and I thought it was a law for them to share your medical information with your parents if your a minor".

In general, U.S. law requires the consent of a parent before medical care can be provided to a minor. However there are exceptions to this requirement. These exceptions may include:

* emergency situations where care may be provided without prior consent in order to safeguard the health and life of the minor.
* specific legal provisions in particular states that allow minors to consent for certain areas of care such as

> the diagnosis and treatment of STDs,
> the diagnosis and treatment of HIV or AIDS,
> the diagnosis and treatment of reportable or contagious diseases.

There is also the issue of who has the right to control the release of confidential information about your diagnosis and treatment and who has the right to receive such information. You should discuss this with your doctor.

Dr Anthony Solomon
 ther0ck - Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:30 pm

Ok I went to a local planned parenthood to be checked out by a doctor. She said that i had molluscus. I told her that i have had it for almost 2 years now and it also itches which is not a symptom of molluscum. She told me that there was no sign of anything yeasty on the bumps and doesnt know why they itch. She stood by the fact that i had molluscus without testing and told me to go to a dermatologist for the itching. From the pictures that i have seen online of molluscum the bumps don't seem to atch up. They do not have a indent in the middle. I even went back to the same doctor a second time to see if I could explain my situation better but she didnt suggest testing by the look of it and didnt have anymore answers. I am just worried that i am being misdiagnosed. Are there any STI's that are similiar to molluscus? or is there any thing i can take or try to stop the itching? ( and just to let you know i shower daily and wash my genitals thoroughly so i don't think bacteria or jockage that causes the itching)

|