Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Bumps on Corner of mouth

CollegeStudent12 - Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:44 am

I'm a 20 year old male with no history of any health problems, but I have recently gotten bumps on the corner of my mouth. It is painful to open my mouth very wide, bearable, but painful. There were about 5 or 6 very small clear bumbs at the corner of my mouth. I popped them, they were filled with a clear liquid, and I scrubbed them out with soap and water and they appear to be healing alright. Should I be worried about any sort of infection?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:20 pm

User avatar Dear CollegeStudent12,

Cold sores are more likely to be the diagnosis of your complaints. It is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV-1).

The main features of the disease are the development of fluid-filled blisters on red swollen areas of the skin or on the mucous membranes. These lesions are tender and painful and the condition is recurrent.

Direct physical contact like kissing can transmit the infection which remain dormant (not active) till the body immune system is a weaken for example after a cold attack or after periods of stress.

Complete medical history and the examination of the characteristic sores are usually enough for a diagnosis.
Treatment with specific antiviral cream is very effective.

I advise you to be checked by your doctor for proper management.
 Daisy05 - Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:52 pm

Im 20 years old female. I have never seen this in my mouth, but behind the last tooth on the bottom ive noticed a white/red bump pretty good size and when i touch it it hurts... what could it be?

|