Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: recently diagnosed w/ HPV, haven't told partner, PLEASE HELP

emmy120484 - Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:02 pm

I am 21 years old and recently was diagnosed with HPV. I did not know I had it until I went for my pap smear, as I showed no symptoms. I'm absolutely devestated, but I would be able to manage this better was it not for my boyfriend. He was a virgin before he had sex with me and I am very worried that I have spread this disease to him, as I've learned it can be spread even with a condom. I haven't told him yet and I am scared to lose him, as we love each other very much. I will never be able to forgive myself if I've given it to him, and the fact that he may have contracted it with his very first partner ever doesn't help any. How do I tell him? How can I stop feeling so guilty? I don't know what to do; he is the best thing that has happened to me, and I couldn't live knowing that I have done this to him. I know there's a possibility that he may not have contracted it, but that possibility seems very slim. I desperately need advice. Thank you
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:02 am

User avatar Dear emmy120484

I understand your feelings, but the best thing you can do is to tell him the truth. Since you both love each other very much, you should be honest to each other, and i am sure he will support you. Itsimuch better to tell him than to have him find out later. This is when you might lose him.

Like you said, he may not even have caught the HPV from you, that is why you need to tell him, and after that he can check him self.

I know telling him sounds harder than the way i am sounding easy, but honesty and truth are the basis of true love. You both need to take care of your health.

Good luck, and best wishes to both of you

User avatar Thank you

|