News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Confused

corfam2004 - Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:09 pm

Im a 22 year old male and im consfused about what it looks live hives but not exactly sure if it could be that or herpes...but i don't get any cold sores. It starts off by a little redness around my mouth or right above my chin...it then looks like a mosquito bite or if im having a allergic reaction to something...half of the time they go away and the other half they kinda turn into a popped pimple in a way but no pain at all....i don't think its cold sores...so im just kinda confused and don't know what to do....
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:44 pm

User avatar Hello,

These lesions could be:

-HIVES, is a skin reaction to an allergen, medicine or infection. They may also occur in very nervous people. Th lesions are in the form of red bumps that may be present anywhere on the face or body.

-The other possibility for these lesions in your age is Acne. It is a common skin problem that may present with red bumps, pus filled lesions or black headed.

-Lesions due to allergic dermatitis are usually in the form of red, itchy rash and blisters.

- Herpetic eruptions are extremely painful red blisters that usually crust off.

Direct clinical examination is essential.
Best regards.
 corfam2004 - Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:09 pm

what kind of doctor do you recommend i see so i can get the most accurate examination of whats going on?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:17 am

User avatar Hello,

I advise you to consult a dermatolgists.
Keep us updated.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here