Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: condom broke

marley420 - Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:17 am

I am 25female my boyfriend is 23 & apparently i had chlamydia for months before we discovered it due to no symptoms. I believe it came from an ex that cheated on me, anyhow, we were both given a perscription for a sinle dose each of 4 pink pills (do not remember the name).We were told not to have unprotected sex for 7 days to make sure it clears. The next day we had sex with a condom & it BROKE! Should we be worried because we both had taken the medicine the day before. He did not ejaculate yet and we both jumped into the shower although i know that does not really do anything.I am due to be retested january 18th but i still am afraid we may have gave it back to each other unless the medicine could still work. Please help! I was cleared on all other deseases except HIV for the time being including cervical cancer.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:33 am

User avatar If you were both treated it is unlikely for you to have been reinfected. However, if there is any doubt I would recommend reevaluation to ensure resolution. Many labs are now doing urine testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea so testing is much easier.

|