News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Unexplained Symptoms?

david999 - Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:06 pm

This has been ongoing since early November.. Not sure what's going on with me. I've been experiencing some pain/discomfort in my lower left lung it seems and i also feel it under my left shoulder blade. I have a dry cough which doesn't produce much mucus but it seems to be only affecting the left lung. I also experience some fatigue/aches/stings in my left arm and leg. I've also had glassy sometimes red eyes which burn but are not producing discharge or tears, just really dry. Sometimes it even burns after I pee and I experience some discomfort in the urethra it seems. I've had a chest xray, ct scan , which came back normal. Along with CBC blood test which came back normal. No fever, I'm a male, 24, .. any ideas whats going on?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:04 pm

User avatar Hello,

Did you perform an ESR test, urine analysis?

You have mentioned that there is no Fever. Do you follow your body temperature frequently daily especially at night? Do you have low grade fever? or have you recovered recently from any infection like Flu?

Are you diabetic Did you perform also a blood sugar test?

These symptoms may be due to:
-A viral infection
-Some systemic connective tissue disease. Is there a family history of any type of CT disorders like systemic lupus, RA?

Keep us updated.
Best regards.
 david999 - Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:39 pm

I have not yet had a urine analysis done yet, but I did have the Sedrate blood test done which came back normal. I do follow my temperatue and it never goes above 98.7. I recovered from the Flu at the end of October. I am not diabetic, when I had my CBC done, I was unaware I was not suppose to eat beforehand so It did give a false reading of high sugar (i ate a big lunch less than an hour before testing). No history of CT disorders.
 david999 - Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:08 pm

just took my temperature, was at 99.6.. which was the highest ever.. but it seems to fluctuate
 david999 - Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm

dropped down to 98.7 minutes later..
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:20 pm

User avatar Hello,

I advise you to repeat your ESR, CBC, do a urine analysis.
Some viruses and viruse subtypes cause similar symptoms.

Although rare but some viruses cause urinary tract infections.

Systemic causes should be excluded too.

Follow up with your doctor is essential.
Keep us updated.
Best regard.
 david999 - Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:18 pm

Right now I am without insurance as I have just relocated to another state and am in between jobs but it was no more than a month ago these blood test were conducted. I will be visiting a clinic tommorrow for the urination symptom though (which only bothers me time to time, not a constant occurance which I find to be odd.. could it be from coughing too hard?) Also, I noticed my right ear to be a little clogged as well.. could this all be allergy related? Hopefully this is something short-term but I will get a follow up visit once I can afford or new insurance kicks in.
Thank you Dr.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here