News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Genital Herpes or something else?

spybear - Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:18 pm

User avatar age:30 sex: female
tests: blood test for genital herpes and swab test
diagnosis; Chlamidia eight years ago
medication: levothyroxine .225mg claritin 10mg IBU 600mg
I slept with a guy that had genital herpes in July of last year 2006. I had myself tested cause I had sores in my genital area and I was really sick. It came back negative. The doctor said it looked like herpes cause it had the sores(blisters). I had him test my blood for it three months later. It came back negative. I had another outbreak cause it hurt when I wiped and then I looked and I saw a sore; it was white and pink and it hurt when I touched it. I got tested again the doc said he didn't see anything and that the test came back negative again. I am currently showing another sign. I am just getting over my period and I was itching down there and then it really hurt . I looked when I went to the bathroom and saw an area the size of a nickel red on the inside and white in clor on the outside part. It hurt and I put antibiotic on it. that made it feel better. Also I have noticed when I have sex; I get dry a lot. My doctor thinks I am paranoid cause my tests keep coming back negative. But I think I may have herpes. Could I also just have shingles. They are kind of the same thing. My doctor said he thinks it is just vaganitis. I think that is just a name they give people cause they don't know.[/img]
 spybear - Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:57 pm

User avatar I am so tired of having outbreaks and yet my doctors don't do anything. I keep telling them I have it but they just rely on the tests. I keep getting sores and it is not fun at all. I could be taking something to help prevent them from coming so frequently. I have hadfour outbreaks since July last year. I think that is even to much for me. It is hard to work through the day and take care of kids and then have this on your mind all the time. I am very frustrated. Is there any test that I should be telling my doctor about so he can do it to really show me the results of it. I don't like feeling this way anymore and having to deal with the pain and smells. It is not fun. please help me with my problems.

sincerely spybear a very worried patron

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here