Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Blood in stools

sicko - Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:18 pm

Just wanted to know that, occasionally when i go to toilet and deficate, well, there's blood in it... jus sometimes, like.. on average, once a month may be... it doesnt hurt, but mostly the blood is fresh.. red... and its like, concentrated like.. on the bottom, over my stools... and in the last of the defication... the bloood droplets come out more and then they stop in a few minutes ..... it may happen for a day or 2...for 2-3 stools..and thats it.. I don't know.. felt too embarrasing to go to a doctor... like.. cmmon..m not a Girl to discuss such things with docs.. Can anyone help me abt..wat cud b the possibilities?
M I GONNA DIE? :twisted: or not :(
Any1 can contact me thru Email if wants to regarding this.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:31 pm

You need to be examined by a doctor to exclude the possibility of piles. Depending of the outcome of the exam your doctor may require further investigation e.g. a colonsocopy.

Causes of blood intermixed with stools include the following:
Blood intermixed with stools results when the source of bleeding arises from the colon.
    left sided colonic tumors
    inflammatory bowel disease
    diverticular disease
    infective colitis
    angiodysplasia
    ischemic colitis

sicko - Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:13 pm

Thanks a lot Doc for fixing and editing my post :P

and this may sound absurd to you... but.. which doctor to go to? umm like Eye-Specialist is for eyes, who's for this part? any idea if u can please guide me!!

Thanks...

PS: i heard the piles create pain! but as i said i don't feel any pain, plus, its not that the Stool's color is RED or mixed with red, its like.. blood is seperate... apparently..

Anyways.. waiitng for da reply :)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:19 am

User avatar A surgeon would be best to evaluate this problem. A lot of the times piles are not associated with pain. The only way to tell if you really have piles is by examination.
 sicko - Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:09 pm

umm thanks for timely replies Doc.. please also tell me which doctor shall i show my problem to?
:)

by WHICH DOC i means.. which specialist? :) i also asked this in 2nd post
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:22 pm

User avatar A general surgeon.

|