Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Sores within Facial Hair

jdawg - Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:56 pm

I am a 32 year old male, and have been in perfect health my entire life. Within the past year or so, I've been getting these facial sores on my chin within my facial hair. I have a very short chin-beard, and have had it for almost 13 years. I have started to get these sores that begin as a small pimple like bump, that itch badly. Touching, scratching or even trying to pop the pimple like bump seems to irritate it more and almost cause it to spread. I end up with a spot the size of a quarter or even larger on the very bottom of my chin between my chin and neck. After a week or so of extreme itching and soreness, they seem to scab over and go away, but leaving redness and almost scab like conditions. These sores happen only every couple of months. Any advice???
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:00 pm

User avatar You may be experiencing some ingrown hairs or possibly some blocked pores that are becoming infected.

I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation. This way you can get a more definitive answer. With skin conditions the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" really applies. It is likely that there is a treatment to help this resolve but this relies on the proper diagnosis.

|