News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: General Medical Questions

Frogme2229 - Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:49 am

I have a few general medical questions:

1) I seemed to have grown some sort of alergy to alchol. Is this possible? I only social drink, for instance a few days ago we went out and I had a total of four Smirnoff Ice's in four hours and I woke up about 5 am sick and couldn't get out of bed until 12:00 that day. A few days later something similar happen I had about three drinks then stopped (fearing puking again) and about 2 hours later we were still out and I started getting puky, weak, and harsh stomach pains. The next morning I woke up okay feeling and had a bacon sandwhich, then I started feeling a little queezy again, but felt fine the rest of the day until the next morning I became upset to my stomach after using the restroom. Also my stoll had been very soft and a reddish colr for a few days. Some people are putting fear that I couldbe pregnant, but I am on birth control religiously. It seems as though as far as I can rmember I have always had somewhat of an issue with nausia, for instance a lot of times breakfast food make me queezy sometimes and so does greasy food.

2) What are classic signs of diabetes? I always crave sweets, I'm tired a lot ( i only get about 6 hours a leep a night), all I drink is water, but what are other signs?

3) Over time I have also seemed to have developed general alergies. I wake up every morning of my life with flem and gook stuck in my throat, my eyes seem to force themselves closed in the mornings with the sun, etc. I've never propertly been checked for algeries. Is this possible?

Thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:25 pm

User avatar Hello,
Your symptoms don't seem to point towards an allergic condition. Your nausea and vomiting maybe related to your drinking habits or have another cause to them. Nausea and lack of desire to eat (anorexia) can also be psychological. If in doubt do get a pregnancy test done.

As for symptoms of diabetes these include increased drinking, increased urination among other symptoms. Please look at our diabetes.htm" class="postlink">diabetes page for more info.

Regards,
 Frogme2229 - Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:33 pm

Like I was trying to say, I don't have bad drinking habits. I rarely drink at all, but lately when I do I'm getting sick. Also, I never said I didn't have a desire to eat because I do. I would just like to know what could be causing the nasuia I've been getting. Also, I should not be pregnant due to my continue use of birth control pills.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:02 pm

User avatar No offence regarding your drinking I didn't mean your drinking habits were bad. It could be just a stomach flu. That being the case your stomach would be very sensitive. It could actually be a large list of things: including liver disease, kidney disease. If you feel that you are getting better then try to eat lightly (meaning small potions). Stop drinking for the time being in order to give yourself a chance to improve. If it continues for a few more days then you should get a physical assessment.

A list of possible causes of nausea can be found at vomiting/nausea.htm" class="postlink">this page.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here