Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Urgent infectous area

lonely-loner - Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:22 am

Dear random doctor

I'm 21, live in aus/melb and had a infected nose.

It happens in year 10 when i had constant itch on my nose but it gone after a few washes. During last year i had family problems and when we moved to our new home my parents never bought soaps and other cleaning accessaries. My nose started to feel very itchy and don't want to scratch it, later then i can see small holes on my nose and this is when it started my concern.

Over the time i slept outside on my backyard (due to certain disturbances caused by family members), my nose started to gets very very itchy and i discover certain arce symptoms on my nose, which were those yellow stuff that it comes out of your arce when you squeeze it. Yes, i get those on my nose and after i squeeze it uncontrolably, and wasted my nose i can see alot of small hose on it which never existed before, and i felt like somethign swiggling inside my nose for a short duration.

In my concern i think it was a unusual flesh worm infection and i fear it could ruin my nose. (my nose looked red and even redder after i touch it)
 lonely-loner - Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:26 am

Doctor im very scared. My dad once took me to a family doctor to resolve this problem but the doctor said it was a normal teenage nose alergy and never gave me appropriate medicines.

I'm very scared my nose maybe ruin after this and i feared it may spread. As if the flesh worms might eat over my nose?, and how can i seek for help from this problem(doctor)?, can a family doctor have a cure for this? please help me
 lonely-loner - Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:41 am

I also have a question.

What are the food chain i should follows if i want to stop the infection from spreading? and do i need to see a specialist for this?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:54 pm

User avatar I would definitely see a dermatologist. I'm sorry I don't have answers for you. Good luck!

|