News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: AIDS

Question: Rape victim with bleeding problem

WillBradbury - Tue May 01, 2007 9:22 pm

I have a problem with uncontrollable ejaculation. The slightest sexual stimulation makes me get aroused, the merest brush or sight of an attractive female. This comes from 10 years of violent sexual repression after a rape. Now I'm in a fulfilling, sexual relationship, but my problem still remains. So, as I've done for the past five years, I wear rubber balloons around my penis when I'm in public. This is unpleasant, but it keeps my pants clean. However, when I go to use a restroom and take off the "cock socks," as I've affectionately named them, I often notice a ring of raw flesh which is sometimes bleeding. I have to cut my CS just so, so they stay on, but don't chafe. My question is: If I'm in a public restroom and bleeding, even if only slightly, is there any chance of coming in contact with HIV-infected blood under the toilet seat or along the rim of the bowl itself, that I might accidentally brush against, thus infecting myself, should I accidentally make contact with my bleeding member?

Should I bother being tested?

I mean, 10s of thousands of folks with bleeding hemorrhoids use public restrooms every day, and 100s of thousands of women, bleeding from menstruation, use restrooms, and you never hear of any of these people getting infected, but it's better to ask and be safe, as a precaution, right?

Thanks and thanks and thanks again!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri May 04, 2007 3:37 pm

User avatar It is very unlikely that you would contract HIV from a bathroom stall. HIV is not a particularly strong virus and does not survive well outside the body and it takes a fair amount of virus to cause infection. These two factors make transmission via a bathroom stall incredibly unlikely.

Best wishes.
 WillBradbury - Fri May 04, 2007 5:54 pm

Much thanks, good doctor!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here