Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Tiny white clusters on tip of foreskin, chest & kidney p

Gin0014 - Thu May 17, 2007 7:29 am

Age:27
Sex: M
Past Dig: N/A
Past Surg: N/A
Family Hist: N/A

Ok, so, a short while back I noticed clusters of tiny white pimples/spots around the tip of foreskin, with some slightly bigger, but still small, singular pimples/spots nearby. None of these are sore and, to the best of my knowledge, I have never noticed any soreness of my foreskin.

After searching Google etc etc, I would most liken them to Warts, but have also heard of Penile Papules......

Further; I have, for some time now (almost 2 years), been getting sharp pains and aches in my left chest area, lower left rib and left kidney area..... could these be linked to any STI you know of?

I am extremely concerned that I may have contracted something and have been ignorant of it, but, at the same time, am scared by the prospect of visiting a clinic for testing.

Any advice is most appreciated.[/b]
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:43 am

User avatar Pearly penile papules, as you mention, can be mistaken for warts. They are typically found circumferentially around the corona (edge closed to the body) of the head of the penis. Occasionally they will extend up onto the head some. It would be unusual for them to start at the tip and spread towards the base of the head of the penis.

Pearly penile papules are harmless and do not need treatment. Warts, on the other hand, are caused by a virus called human papilloma virus that is an STI.

The location you are describing sounds a little atypical for pearly penile papules so I would recommend that you be evaluated. There are other possibilities as well, such as a contact dermatitis or other skin irritation.

If STI testing is a concern, there are often clinics that can test you anonymously.

|