Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: One small white head pimple on outer part of labia minora?

meg23 - Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Ive been with the same man for 2 years, and we broke up about a month ago. 2 days ago after shaving i noticed one small white head pimple? on the inside of my vaginal lip. i sqeezed it and it broke. There is no discomfort when walking or nothing, only when i touch it because its broke and i squeezed it so, there a tiny hole now. I seems to be going away. But i am so worried. This is the first time i have ever had anything odd happen within my genital area. I had have body abssess. and ovarian cysts. Please tell me this is just a pimple from shaving and not herpes. The only thing that has my wondering is that it is on the outter part of my labia minora. Thank u for ur time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:52 pm

User avatar It doesn't sound like a typical herpes lesion. I suspect that you may have had a blocked pore. There are many pores that line the opening of the vagina and they can become clogged leading to small blister-like spots that resolve once the clog is cleared.

Unfortunately, I cannot be certain without examining you. If the lesion returns I would recommend you see your doctor. If there is a question about the diagnosis, cultures for the herpes virus can be done.

|