News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: bumps in pubic area

girlygirl - Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:40 am

1 age-19
2 sex-female
3 no past diagnoses, surgeries, or family history.

I have been practicing abstinence since February, and before that I had only been with one partner in a 2 year relationship. About a month ago (June) I noticed a pimple like bump in my pubic area. It was not at all painful or ichy, but I told my previous partner and he said he would get checked out. He told me he had chlamydia and his doctor gave me an antibiotic to take. He developed worse symptoms later and his doctor said that he had not had chlamydia, but and enlarged prostate. My bump went away in less than a week, I thought due to the antibiotic. I developed several skin tags on my upper thigh during this time. I had some allergy symptoms, but nothing flu-like. About five days ago (July) I got another bump in the same area. Again, it is painless and itchless. I broke it open, thinking it was an ingrown hair, and drained a lot of the blood. Now it has scabbed and appears to be going away. I was concered about it being herpes because of it being bumps in my pubic area, so I called my previous partner, and he said he had no such symptoms and was being regularly examined due to his enlarged prostate. I should also say that I shave, and both bumps appeared when I had used a dull razor and there was hair regrowth. I am very worried, but do not have access to medical care at this time. What does it sould like?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:12 pm

User avatar It may be some irritation from shaving or possibly a condition from a virus called molluscum contagiosum. This virus causes small bumps that have a central dimple in them. The virus is sexually transmitted commonly as it is spread by skin to skin contact.

If the bumps don't resolve you should see your doctor.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here