Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: I have lost my voice 8 times in 13 months!

corina - Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:55 am

I don't know what to do, randomly throughout the year i just keep losing my voice.
First my throat will be really sore, then a few days later my voice will start to go, then for aprox 3 days i will not be able to talk and then my voice will come back slowly.
I rest my voice, i stay in bed for 3 days straight, i try lemon and honey. I recover completely between each time.
My doctor says nothing is wrong but i've missed far too much time from work- is it time to see a new doctor? are there any short term fixes aside from anti-biotics as this never seems to help?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:52 am

User avatar Hi Corina,

Chances are you are simply one of the unfortunate ones that gets lots of throat infections. You have had quite a number of these, though, so it may be helpful for you to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor for an evaluation. It may be that there is something setting you up to get the infections.

The ENT doctor can use a small camera to take a look at your airway and vocal cords to see if everything is OK.

|