Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: boil or pimple on pubic region and inner thigh. wt cn it be?

al79 - Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:18 am

im 30 yrs old/ male/ i have not been excersing lately and i have quite alot of body fat. Also i have not been eating correctly lately. Lots of junk food going in. I live in a very hot climate.

about 5 days back, i felt something in my inner left thigh. It was like a huge pimple, exept that it was hard in the inside. about 2 days later it was getting better, but now i noticed a big pimple or boil on my pubic region below my waist. this boils has become pretty big and is whitish in colour from the top. Im sure it has puss in it. suddenly another one also appeared 2 inches away from it in my pubic region but this one was much smaller. i have no idea what all this could be. could you advise me what to do.

thanks.
al79
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:43 pm

User avatar Hi Al79,

I suspect, from your description, that you have a skin infection. It is probable that these boils are being caused by a bacteria known as MRSA (methacillin resistant staph areus). When staph becomes resistant to some antibiotics (notably methacillin) it also becomes more likely to cause spontaneous skin infections.

I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation. You may need to have the area drained and need some antibiotics to help clear it up. If you are getting recurrent infections there are some medicines that can be taken to help reduce the amount of the bacteria on your skin in hopes of reducing infections.

al79 - Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:02 am

Dr. Chan Lowe wrote:Hi Al79,

Thank you doc,

now the boil is gone. got a scare there for a second. take care, and thanks for the info.

al79

|