News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Small single blister on shaft

Corvus - Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Sex: Male

As the title says, I have a small (less than half a centimeter), oval-shaped, red blister on the shaft of my penis. There is a slight itch to it, but that is barely noticeable. It appeared over night.
I believe I have had them happen once in a rare while, however my memory is very faulty. It is always just the one single blister, however.
Given it's location, it is not an ingrown hair, and it is definately not a pimple or anything. I have researched herpes, and every description and picture I find seems to indicate multiple blisters as opposed to one single one.
I don't have the money to visit a doctor at the moment, though past times I've gotten STD tests, they have told me that a herpes test wouldn't mean anything unless I was sure I had had other symptoms.

I have been masturbating, so could the Oklahoma humidity plus the moisture have something to do with it?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:20 pm

User avatar Hi Corvus,

If the blister is painless I would recommend that you be tested for syphilis. This classically presents with a painless bump in the genital area.

Also, it is possible that a pore has gotten infected.

If it does not resolve in the next 1-2 days I would recommend that you see your doctor. There are often clinics that can see those with limited income or no insurance at a free or reduced fee rate. Your local health department can help direct you to these.

Best wishes.
 Corvus - Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:42 pm

Thank you for your response.

I just wanted to sort of follow up on my post. After one day, it flattened and changed to match my skin color so that it is nearly invisible. It now almost feels like a wart, which is obviously still a problem. I have a history of warts, so it's not a huge surprise to me if it is indeed a wart. Are there any other possibilities?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:21 am

User avatar Genital warts are fairly specific. There isn't much else that really looks like them. If you've had them before and this is similar I suspect it is a wart.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here