Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Small single blister on shaft

Corvus - Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Age: 23
Sex: Male

As the title says, I have a small (less than half a centimeter), oval-shaped, red blister on the shaft of my penis. There is a slight itch to it, but that is barely noticeable. It appeared over night.
I believe I have had them happen once in a rare while, however my memory is very faulty. It is always just the one single blister, however.
Given it's location, it is not an ingrown hair, and it is definately not a pimple or anything. I have researched herpes, and every description and picture I find seems to indicate multiple blisters as opposed to one single one.
I don't have the money to visit a doctor at the moment, though past times I've gotten STD tests, they have told me that a herpes test wouldn't mean anything unless I was sure I had had other symptoms.

I have been masturbating, so could the Oklahoma humidity plus the moisture have something to do with it?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:20 pm

User avatar Hi Corvus,

If the blister is painless I would recommend that you be tested for syphilis. This classically presents with a painless bump in the genital area.

Also, it is possible that a pore has gotten infected.

If it does not resolve in the next 1-2 days I would recommend that you see your doctor. There are often clinics that can see those with limited income or no insurance at a free or reduced fee rate. Your local health department can help direct you to these.

Corvus - Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:42 pm

Thank you for your response.

I just wanted to sort of follow up on my post. After one day, it flattened and changed to match my skin color so that it is nearly invisible. It now almost feels like a wart, which is obviously still a problem. I have a history of warts, so it's not a huge surprise to me if it is indeed a wart. Are there any other possibilities?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:21 am

User avatar Genital warts are fairly specific. There isn't much else that really looks like them. If you've had them before and this is similar I suspect it is a wart.

|