News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: std?

eccehomo77 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:47 pm

I am 30. Male. I have a tenderness in one particular area in my pubic region (my right side), beneath the hair. It is not an itch. Rather, it feels as though the hair were pulling out the skin a little -- stretching it. I see no redness. Sometimes it feels like a bit of pressure. I had unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago. Does this sound like an std?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:09 pm

User avatar STD would not be an immediate thought to me but it's best to check it out to be sure. Your local health department or doctor can run tests to see if there is anything of concern.

Perhaps there is a pulled muscle or even hernia. It would be impossible to say without an examination. Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here