Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: 2 year old Rabies?

kenneth_loo - Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:07 pm

I was bitten by a dog about two years ago when I was back in Tibet, the dog was just being playful with my feet, and it scratched my ankle for a bit. The wound was very small, and no blood came out. I washed it later on with alcohol and it stung a bit.

I didn't use any vaccination afterwards, and the dog seemed fine after around 12 days, when we got back to the place.

I am wondering whether there is a possibility that I might get rabies in the future, and if there is anything I could do to prevent it.

Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:19 pm

User avatar I think you can rest assured that you did not contract rabies from this incident. The disease would have become apparent rather soon afterward and it does not remain dormant in your body to appear in the future. I'm sorry you have worried about this for so long already.

|