Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

butterflymarie - Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:13 pm

i am 19 years old and im a female. for the past year ive been in and out of the gyno. i once had HPV but its been cured. that is the only std ive had that i know of. Ive had pap smears and cultures blood tests and pelvic exams. the females in my family get infections easily but for some reason i don't belive that its ok this time. my symptoms are vaginal discharge ranging in variations of alot to little. i get pain in my lower belly when i get discharge. it hurts to pee some times i have to push hard to get all the pee out. some times it feels like im peeing but i get realy bad discharge and leaves the toilet water extremly cloudy. ive been losing wieght and they cant figure out why. i get bad pains all the time in my abdomen. some times its so bad that i cant move. i have painful intercorse. it feels realy raw and it feels like some one is stabing my insides. i have irregular periods that i think im pregnant and stress about it then get my period and its not normal. this problem for the last year has been ruining my relationship with my boyfriend. i was reading my cosmopolitan today and found an article with certain stds and symptom signs i went thru the symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease and they seem to fit my problem. i havnt had chlymadia or gonorreah so i was woundering if its still possible to have PID? should i consult a urologist or my gynocologist? for this past year my life has been dragging me down im in my prime years i shouldnt have to sit at home shielding my slef form the world because i look sick cause im soo skinny or my wet croch form discharge. or even lose the love of my life because ive lost all my romance or sexuality i want to be myself again. please help. please.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:04 pm

User avatar Yes, it is possible to still have PID. Any bacteria can make its way inside and cause such symptoms. You should see a doctor again, probably gynecologist would be the one to see but even a family physician or other specialist can check this out.

I certainly understand your frustration. Best wishes.

|